Thursday, August 28, 2008

Men vs. Women. Gray Hair & Beauty

Afternoon frustration. Why do men go gray and look more distinguished while women just look drawn & haggard. Why do wrinkles give them character while it just makes us look old? Why do we need to spend $100+ to cut & color our hair? Why do we have to fight the aging process while they just throw on a Hawaiian shirt, but the hair a bit shorter and go?

Ferris: “So I said …to Hollywood, “Where’d he go?” and Hollywood said, “Where’d WHOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?”
Cameron: Ahhh. The good ole days when Tom Cruise wasn't crazy.
F: Actually, it was because we watched Roxanne over the weekend…and Rick Rosscovich, aka Slider was in it. He’s so pretty. Nono, don’t talk…just be pretty.
C: Wasn't he in something recently? Still pretty but with gray hair?
F: According to IMDB hasn’t done anything since 2003…and he was born in 1957!!!!!!!! I didn’t realize he was that old. He’ll always be Slider to me.
C: Wow. 51!?
Having
Trouble
Breathing.
Falling
Out
Of
Chair.
Speaking of old...your husband may have a head of gray hair (which looks good on him by the way), but mine has a pretty large bald spot going on the top of his head. I don't have the heart to tell him how big it is. Noticed just how bad it is this morning.
F: I know…its crazy, but I think The King looks better now than he ever has. So The Mayor has the old reverse Yarmulke goin’ on, huh? Some of my favorite guys do…Yeah, Slider is 51. I was stunned. I would never have guessed that he was older than The King. And he was on ER for a while. As a doctor. Just when I thought he couldn’t get any hotter, he goes and puts on the white coat.
C: I think its call a monk ring. He is in desperate need of a haircut right now. When he wears it as short as he normally does, you don't notice it because the hair is so very short. With it long, it's so noticeable. The King does look good. I like him with gray hair. It's strange but it makes him look younger somehow.
F: The monk ring…I’ve never heard that term, but I like it. We shall chant…
King’s got the good gray hair, the tan and the ‘fun’ wrinkles. Irritates the crap outta me.
C: All men get that. Even the bald thing...all they have to do it shave it and they look great.
We, on the other hand, have to spend millions of dollars trying to keep away wrinkles and covering gray hair. Not fair not fair not fair.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You know...I think we're really funny.
And we're our best audience.