Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pushing buttons.

You know how in every friendship, at some point one person is cranky and the other is full of sunshine & light? It's not always the same person, it's just how it works. The sunshiney person needs to bring up the cranky person. Here we are on a random summer day....

FERRIS: Who, brings a yippy little dog into City Hall?
CAMERON: Paris Hilton?
F: SHE WISHES. Turns out she’s an old girlfriend/ neighbor of The King’s.
C: Well, being that you work in town, the odds are this type of thing will happen occasionally. Between The Mayor & They King, no stone was left unturned if you know what I mean.
F: She’s a neighbor of yours now. Godspeed.
C: I've seen all my neighbors. Nothing exciting or worrisome there.
F: No this is nothing of consequence. But a level of perkiness that I just can’t handle today.
C: I'm leaving her at 2. I think I should show up there with a big smiley face balloon and some clowns.
F: And a little lap dog. Then I will beat you senseless.
C: That's not very friendly.
F: Sorry, but I’m still listening to little miss Prozac prattle on about her “GREEN PROJECT” and squeak with sheer excitement. I’m not exactly in the running for Miss Friendly Sierra Madre today.
C: Oooh. Miss Friendly Sierra Madre. I sense a new parade entry.
F: Did you always try to push my buttons like this? I’m just teasing. Imagine me saying my last statement with one eyebrow raised. If I could do that I would.I just really would much rather be sleeping. For about a week. It’s like dealing with Grandma Sunshine on about 2 hours sleep and no food. I can’t be trusted not to snap.
C: Just kick her in the shin and blame it on restless leg syndrome.

No comments: